Saturday, December 26, 2009

If gas hits 10 dollars a gallon due to an oil embargo this year, would you still drive?

If Isreal attacks too many people and Iran declares a embargo, and maybe others too. Isn't it time we had nationwide light rail along some or all of the interstates.If gas hits 10 dollars a gallon due to an oil embargo this year, would you still drive?
You solution is unrealistic. A project like that would take decades to implement and billions of dollars. We do not get as much oil from Iran or the rest of the middle east as everyone seems to think. Most of our oil comes from Canada and South America. That's not to say that if the Iranian government stopped shipping oil the prices wouldn't go up, because they would. I still find it hard to believe that Iran would stop shipping oil, they like money a lot more than ideals.


We should be looking at alternative transportation sources now, regardless of the amount of oil left in the planet or the price of gas. This decision will affect our children and children's children.If gas hits 10 dollars a gallon due to an oil embargo this year, would you still drive?
It is time that we had a nationwide light rail. I would still have to drive b/c where I live there are no public buses, I work 30 miles from home, and am sole income. Jobs are scarce and it is either this job or no job.
I would have to drive to work still - 15 miles of windy back roads that are too dangerous for a bike, and no public transportation at all between work and my home.





If that happened, I would get a Vespa or something.
more than 3 quarters the cost of fuel is tax nothing to do with the oil companies. If it got that expensive I would give up work and stay home living off welfare
Have to drive. I live in Texas. Public transportation is poor here.
i will still drive my truck because your mom lives to far away for me to walk every night
NO, I'D WALK!
Hell NO. I will ride my bike..
I work from home.
We do in the UK, but the majority of that is tax.
  • microsoft
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment