Friday, December 18, 2009

How much oil does it take for one full body massage?

Not sure what detail I can add. Obviously there are surface area issues here, so it's going to have to be an estimate.How much oil does it take for one full body massage?
I find that most women take 2 - 3 oz of olive oil for a fully body massage, depending on body size. I always use two 10 oz pump top massage oil bottles of warm oil. I have never come close to using them up but it give me a feeling of security having them handy.





Men who have body hair would require more oilHow much oil does it take for one full body massage?
It really depends.





I will generally use cream (shea butter or bees wax based) when doing massage. A general massage will use as little as 1/2 teaspoon for someone with moist skin, 2-3 teaspoons for someone with drier skin or more hair. Double that volume for faster work.





I would probably use a little less with oil or lotion.





The catch - I tend to do myofascial/connective tissue based work - slower and deeper (closer to the bone through the skin and surficial muscle tissue) than a typical Swedish or even deep-tissue massage. Actually, I rarely do a general massage in favor of focusing on the areas most likely to be a source of their pain.
It depends upon how much body hair, the size of the person, and the type of oil used. Each oil is different, and each person will like a different amount used..
one quart of havoline pennzoil valveline should do the trick

No comments:

Post a Comment