Friday, December 18, 2009

What kind of oil do I put in a lawn mower?

I have a mower that I got second hand. I do not know the make or model. If it was once written on the mower, the words have since faded.





There is a separate compartment for oil and gas. This is not the sort where you mix them. What kind of oil do I put in? Is it just regular car oil? If so, what numbers?What kind of oil do I put in a lawn mower?
You will want to use straight 30 weight (SAE 30) detergent formula. Small engines do not use multi-weights, like 10W-30. Hope this helps.What kind of oil do I put in a lawn mower?
You should use 30W or the same thing is SAE30


Don't get the one that says NON Detergent .


If you put in 10W30 it will burn oil when the temperature is above 80 degrees. So 30W is the best.


Only put in 10W30 if you are going to run the engine below 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
10 w 30 motor oil is all ~ nothing fancy

No comments:

Post a Comment