Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How do I find someone to lease and drill for oil on property my grandfather owns?

My grandfather owns about 40 acres of land with mineral rights in central texas and he wants an oil well on his land. He asked me to post this question. How would he get the property appraised or valuated for drilling and extracting and production. I don't kow if he would be willing to lease mineral rights or possibly sell.How do I find someone to lease and drill for oil on property my grandfather owns?
In the state of Texas there are a large number of drilling companies and the larger ones have Geologist on staff, contact some and they will evaluate your grandfathers property for oil formations, they can usually do this by cross referencing other wells in the area without being intrusive on the property.~How do I find someone to lease and drill for oil on property my grandfather owns?
call a local gas company they do it all the time here in Oklahoma. But they want to keep what they earn and give you some crumby rights. Like my friend and neighbor, they promised to maintain the road and she gave them an acre of ground and they come flying up the road with big trucks to her place and dump some gravel once in a while.


Then this other guy says ';no way'; He makes a deal with them they build a asphalt road and maintain a separate one for his driveway. He gets free gas for life. And they clean up the site after wards and all he said I want to see is an ok Christmas tree. [well pump]


So don't just give them the land or sell them an acre of cheap land. Negotiate. The days of getting a percentage is gone unless you have the money to put in your own well.
contact one of the few oil companies own by vice president dick cheney ....www.whitehouse.gov or www.vpdc.org

No comments:

Post a Comment