Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What is this yellowish stuff coming out of my oil paint tube?

I paint with oils, and I've noticed that some kind of yellow stuff comes out of the tube. What is that stuff?What is this yellowish stuff coming out of my oil paint tube?
It is the oil base separating out of the paint. You need to squish it around to mix it back into the paint. It's like any liquid that is mixed. The lighter part (the oil) will separate out from the heavier part (the paint pigment).What is this yellowish stuff coming out of my oil paint tube?
Oil. mayb
...oil? make sure the paint isnt expired
paint
It could just be the oil. Yellowish stuff comes out of my paint sometimes...I believe it's just the oil.
Is it dried around the outside of the cap ? Seems like it's seeping out? Irregular blobby looking but squishy ,rubbery feel to it ?











It's the oil ,usually Linseed
its oil that has seperated from the paint.


thats normal for paints to have a watery or oily liquid come out
I THINK IT IS JUST OIL
Probably Linseed oil.





Just mix it back in with the paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment