Wednesday, December 16, 2009

How do you run your car on used chip oil?

I've heard that it's possible to use old chip oil to run your car and as I have access to used oil through my occupation I'm interested to learn how. I drive a petrol engine Peugot 406 which is 10 years old so what would I need to do?How do you run your car on used chip oil?
Yep, you need a diesel, but waste vegetable oil (wvo) needs to be dried, filtered %26amp; settled before you can add it to your tank - not all diesels are capable of running on it either.





Some info here;





http://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/How do you run your car on used chip oil?
i think you can only do this with a diesel engine. my dad did this with his old car, increasing the percentage of veg oil compared to diesel in small increments to see how it fared. he did find that when he had a lot of chip oil in the tank it seemed slower and more sluggish, though it was definitely cost effective. also you have to not mind your car smelling of a deep fat fryer (because it will). He used new oil from supermarkets, not used stuff so he didn't filter but you would probably have to (I know a man who had to do a lot of repairs to his van after clogging it up with chips he'd left in there!) Bear in mind it's not legal in the UK.... so if you drive past a police officer and they smell chip fat, they may just check your tank.





hope it helps xx
Your car must be diesel and beware you can ruin the engine or injection if you dont know what you are doing.
You can't with a petrol engine. If you had diesel you could convert it to bio-diesel.
1st change the car for a diesel. Then google vegetable oil as fuel. Maybe do the last first.
My friend runs her diesel on veg oil, don't ask me how it works but it does!
you need a diesel engine i'm afraid. And funnily enough you just pour it into the tank with the diesel!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment