Thursday, January 7, 2010

What type of oil should I use for my van?

It's a 1990 Chevy Astro, 125k miles, V6 4.3L Don't have the owners manual.What type of oil should I use for my van?
If your motor has no obvious oil leaks high mileage oil is a high priced total rip-off. All it does is seal very minor gasket leaks. Chevrolet calls for 5W-30 motor oil for your car. Havoline, Valvoline, Kendall, Mobil 5000 and 7000 are good high detergent brands. It's somewhat difficult to find but Brad Penn is the only remaining Pennsylvania oil now sold in the USA. It's as good or better than all the others listed above.What type of oil should I use for my van?
10w30 would work just fine. it a all season oil. you might consider getting the high mileage oil. you can get it in 10w30.
high milage 5-30 or 10-30 mobil one full synthetic.
5w30


or


10w30
high mileage 5/30

No comments:

Post a Comment