Thursday, January 7, 2010

How to remove oil spots from a top that has been through the dryer?

I got an oil spot on a cotton top from food, I washed it and put it through the dryer and the spot is still there. I have read that you can't get it out once it has been in the dryer - help it's my favourite!!!How to remove oil spots from a top that has been through the dryer?
You could try using dawn dishwashing detergent on it -- just use a little and work it through the stain and then rewash the shirt normally.How to remove oil spots from a top that has been through the dryer?
The heat of the dryer does set many stains, but not grease on cotton. As mentioned previously, using Dawn or some other grease release product as a pre-treatment and rewashing should work just fine.
In the laundry isle of most grocery stores they sell special cleaners. There is usually a rack of small bottles (I think they were all yellow) that each have a specific purpose. I cannot remember the exact name but they have them for things like blood, milk, grass, and oil. I also had an oil spot and this is the only thing that got it out. You can also try a dish liquid that cuts grease like Dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment