Thursday, January 7, 2010

What brand of oil paints do you prefer?

I'm always curious to hear about other people experiences with different oil painting brands and mediums. What do you like, and what do you not like. Can't wait to hear some talk back!What brand of oil paints do you prefer?
I'm really interested in people's answers too! I've just started oil painting after years of doing watercolor.. so far I've only used Utrecht, and although it's a student brand, I think it's pretty good, (although I have nothing to compare it to!) It does seem like an excellent value when compared to some of the other paint.What brand of oil paints do you prefer?
old holland oil paint is the densest ,full pigment paint but expensive.blockx is also another good lightfast brand
i like winsor newton
I like to use Windsor and Newton Artisan oil paints. These are water soluble oil paints. They have all the properties of tradition oils paint but don't smell of turps and are easy to clean up. The colour range is more limited than with other oil paints and they can be mixed with tradition oil paints providing you use the traditional solvents.


Apart from that, I like to use Art Spectrum oil paints as they are Australian and the colours are made for painting the Australian landscape. I use the new non toxic mediums when using these colours. I simply don't want to use turps anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment